student style

Since starting University a couple of weeks ago, my social life has exploded, instead of staying in at home with a tub of Ben & Jerry's watching my favourite woman, Mary Berry, on The Great British Bake Off, I find myself agreeing to go out at any opportunity which is neither great for my bank balance or my minimal wardrobe.  So here the 'Student Style' post was born; I thought It might be nice for people who are also at university to gain some inspiration, or just to be plain damn nosey, I know in my case it would definitely be the latter option. So here you go, welcome to my student style...

p.s I want to apologise for the quality of the images, I really wanted to get this post up, so I hope you can deal with them haha.

Daytime:


Printed shirt- /Next
Chunky knit cardigan- /Dorothy Perkins
Black skinny jeans- /Primark

This Has turned out to be a really good outfit to wear to uni as I am currently battling with 'Freshers Flu' so layering is much appreciated. I have found black jeans are good staple when your at uni, they look cool and you can get away with wearing them a few times without washing them, if you're careful, fellow students take note. Oh and I am a sucker for a pattern so I teamed the jeans with this almost tribal looking red shirt which is super comfortable for when you have those long lectures. 



Boyfriend Coat- /Primark
Cut off t-shirt- /Vintage
Skater skirt-/New Look

This may not be a look to everyones taste but hey, I am adding it to the post anyway. I think this is a great way to look cool but to also be nice and comfy at the same time. This may be something you want to wear with tights now that it's getting a lot colder here in the Uk, it would look just as good. At the minute I have been loving wearing my skater skirt with baggy tops and not tucking them in, I think it puts a different spin on the skater skirt trend. 


Evening: 


Collared jumper dress- /Primark
Statement necklace- /Primark 

I am slightly ashamed but impressed at the same time that this whole outfit was purchased from Primark, us students can't afford Topshop prices, unless we want to live of beans. Monochrome is something that will always stay in fashion and keep in your wardrobe for a long time. Because this is a jumper dress it's one that would also work well in the daytime by just adding a pair of tights and a cosy coat. 


Blue shirt- /H&M
Pleather skirt- /H&M
Shoes- /Primark
Necklace- /Primark
Socks- /Primark

This has to be one of my favourite outfits that I have worn at uni so far. I went on a quick wiz around H&M for an outfit to wear with no idea what look I wanted to go for and I think it turned out in my favour. I am so happy with the pleather skirt as I have always wanted one but never found one that I really loved, plus it was only fifteen pounds which is amazing considering the fit and detail of the skirt. When I go out in the evening I am not really one to wear a heeled shoe so I am always on the look out for cool looking flats, these ones were from Primark and I have just about worn them to death as they go with absolutely everything.

Now excuse me whilst I go shopping for more clothes.

If you enjoyed this type of post, please do let me know. 

lots of love 
Jess.xx

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top