The dummies guide to makeup #1


I have been thinking long and hard as to a blog series that I could do and stick to it. So I have come to the decision that I am going to try and create a little helpful guide for those alike that are also not able to apply makeup in the slightest. Hopefully this will help me and not only you to learn how to go out the house with your face resembling something of a normal human being.


Today we jump in at the deep end, just because I always find a way to make things difficult for myself. The look I am going to talk you through is a almost grungy eye with a bold lip, not something I would generally wear but like I sais, I seem to make things difficult for myself. For this look I would'nt really wear the bold lip just because I am a bit safe and often opt for the safe zone of nudes and pinks. But I thought today I would push the boat out and just go for it, so here we go...


So after applying your moisturizer to the face and neck you want to start with the foundation. At the minute I am really enjoying using Maybelines Fit Me which you may have seen me mention a couple of times on this blog. I really like this foundation as it evens out the skin without being to heavy on the skin, leaving the end result to look fairly natural. To blend in the foundation I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which I find workd well to give your skin an even complexion.

I then go to town on Collections Lasting Perfection conclealer to cover up any blemishes. When bleding in concealer under the eye, pat it in with your ring finger to use as less pressure as possible in such a gentle area. Today  I have not applied any face powder but if you prefer the matt look then you could apply something like the Rimmel Stay Matt powder. A little tip for face powder is that if you don't want to add any more colour to your face, get a transparent shade so that if you need to reaply throoughout the day, your face won't gradually get darker and darker.

For the eyes I went straight in for the Maybeline eye studio gel liner in black. Now if you are new to eyeliner than I suggest not going straight in for the gel liner, maybe try liquid liner or a dark eyeshadow, that way you have more time to play around of it goes wrong. for this look I started the line half way across my eye and added a cat eye flick by lining it up with the corner of my eye and my eyebrow, this helps to give the most flattering flick I find. I then took the line under the eye and through the waterline to make my eyes look super bold. 

Then finally the lips and today I have gone for Topshop's Beguiled which is a deep red with a hint of purple. If you wanted to go for something less bold, Nevada by Topshop is a great nude colour. Oh and a little tip for more creamy formulas is to put you index finger in your mouth, yes really, and then take it out (I am trying to make this sound as least sexual as possible, ok) and you will be left with the excess lipstick on your finger which would usually end up on your teeth, your welcome.

So thats it, for quite a bold look its not  too difficult to acheive even for idiots like me, please feel free to let me know if theres any looks or products you would like me to talk about, it would be nice to hear from you.

Lots of love
Jess.xx


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top