my skincare routine

For a long time prior to me starting a skincare regime, my skin really was being neglected. Makeup wipes were used instead of a Micellar water  and I would rarely even moisturise my skin, however in the past few months I have decided to really begin to give my skin a big dollop of tlc and let it know what is has been missing out on.


Now in no means am I a skincare product expert but I thought I would show you so far how what my skincare routine consists of so if you to are not that well experienced in looking after your skin like me, this post might well help you little.

You may notice that all the products bar one are all highstreet/drugstore items, I wanted to ease my self into the skincare world to see what kind of products work for me, so if they aren't succesful then its not too much of a big deal because they weren't very expensive.

Ok so I start off my day with Olay's Refreshing face wash which is really nice in the morning to wake your skin up. All I do is get a medium dollop in my hands, rub it together and then apply it in circular motions around the face and then rinse with warm water and pat dry. I haven't found this product to change the appearance of my skin but I love how it leaves your skin feeling super fresh and ready for the day. 

I then go for Nivea's pure and natural soothing day cream just before I apply any makeup in the morning. Now I don't think I have hit jackpot with the day moisturiser yet as this one does the job but im not overly impressed with it so let me know if you reccomend a really good day moisturiser I would love to know what works for you. I also apply this product, along with others, on my neck in order to hopefully combat wrinkly neck issues when I get older, ooh look at me thinking ahead.

So in the evening when I am ready to take my makeup off I go in for Loreal's 3 in 1 purifying micellar water from their Skin Perfection range. I won't go into too much detail about this product as I did a post on it not too long ago which you can find here. Although I have not tried Bioderma I am almost certain that this product does the same job but for a fraction of the price. I get some of this on a cotton pad and it removes your makeup with a swipe, it's pretty good. As for the eyes, if you hold the cotton pad to your eye for around 20 to 30 seconds it just disolves your makeup, major thumbs up.

I heard a few people in Youtube world mention that they like to do a double cleanse on their skin at night to really get the crap out of your skin so I chose to use Garnier's soothing cleansing lotion from their Simply Essentials range. Now this is a more creamy product so it feels as though you are injecting a bit of moisture into the skin whilst still helping to unclog your skin of the nasties.

My next step is to use a toner on the skin and the one I have gone for is Olay's refreshing toner which is a slightly worrying blue colour. when applying this with a cotton pad it just feels like it tightens your skin up a bit, this is a product I am not convinced on so I may have to shop around for something new.

And finally we go in with a night moisturiser, the one I am currently using is balance Me's moisture-rich face cream. This product came free with a magazine and was said to be worth £14 so I thought why not give it a whirl. Alothough it doesn't say its a night cream it's what I would use it for as after applying, it does leave your skin feeling a little greasy, but you do wake up with nice soft skin.

So that is currently my skincare routine, I would deffinatley say there was room for improvement as I am fairly new to the whole skincare thing. If you have any reccomendations, adive or tips I would love to hear, so feel free to leave a comment. Or I have recently set up an email account for this blog so if you want to contact me for any particular reason (to ask me a question, work with me etc), send me a message to thatfashiongirl@outlook.com.

lots of love
Jess.xx

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top