The dummies guide to makeup #2



So I thought it was about time for the second installment of 'The dummies guide to makeup' series and today I thought I would tackle the go-to everyday look. I have chosen something really quick and simple that looks like you have put a bit of effort into to it but not too much and one that lasts all day. 


First up I cover any redness on my face with the Collection Lasting perfection concealer in shade 2  stippling it on any redness with the Real Techniques Expert face brush and then under the eyes dabbing gently with the ring finger for less pressure around the delicate eye area. 

Next it's time for foundation, for this I have used Maybeline's Fit me foundation in the shade 115. I haven't been using a large amount of foundation at the minute as my skin has improved so much since completing a daily skin care routine which you can read about here. So I just work a small pump (use more if you want something of a higher coverage) of foundation into the skin with the same brush I used for concealer, and this is a really good brush as it does all the work by evenly blending the foundation into your skin.

I then just comb through my eyebrows and leave them at that as filling them in is a task which I am seriously unskilled at, even after watching all the beauty gurus make it look super easy, it's not. 

I then moved onto the eyes and I have used Rimmel's Scandaleyes Eyeshadow paint in the shade rich russet. Now for someone who has oily eyelids this product is like the holy grail, I can't even express how good it is, once this is on, it ain't coming off. I just apply some of this onto my lids and you have to work quickly to do a little 'blendy blendy' with your fingers because it sets super fast. If you wanted a more intense look then you could just layer it a bit to really bring out the colour. 

To make your eyelashes look a bit fuller ad thicker you could use some eyeliner. I have used Maybeline's Gel liner to achieve this, all you need to do is use the brush that comes with the liner or instead use a small detailer brush and draw a line as close to the lash line as possible. 

The Next step is to curl your eyelashes and apply some mascara, Today I am trying out Rimmel's Volume flash mascara in the waterproof formula to see how it works before I go on holiday. I have just looked in the mirror as I type this post and I am really impressed although I would say it gives you lashes more length rather than volume but for going on holiday I think I would prefer have more natural looking lashes anyway.

For the last step I have applied a Natural collection lipstick in Pink mallow on my lips for a your lips but better kind of look. 

And thats the look complete, If you want a more matte finish then you could always apply something Like the Rimmel Stay matte powder. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it, feel free to leave a comment on any looks you would like me to create and I will try my best to do them for you. 

lots of love 
Jess.xx

Follow me on Bloglovin


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top